Saturday, July 4, 2009

Of course you always have the fire trucks...

As the truck pulled away, I couldn't resist one more shot of Old Glory on the back of the truck.
Pentax K20d w/55-300, ISO 100, f4.5, 1/400 shutter,Aperture priority, Center weighted
Now, the darn truck was moving a lot faster than I expected it to in a parade. I would much rather had a crisper shot, but I still liked the color and pattern created by the hoses here. I will remember next time to push the ISO a little higher next time. This is the old film habits creeping back in again. Shoot low ISO for color and detail, but sacrifice speed.
Pentax K20d w/ 55-300, ISO 100, f4.5, 1/60 shutter, Aperture priority, Center weighted

As the first truck began to pass, I noticed the flag on the back and immediately I was reminded of 9/11 and the heroic people of that day. It definitely makes you appreciative of those wonderful people.
Pentax K20d w/ 55-300, ISO 100, f4.5, 1/400 shutter, Aperture Priority, Center weighted



No comments:

Post a Comment