Saturday, June 13, 2009

A few of my favorites to start..

One of my faves for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it was the first image I had accepted to the Pentax Photo Gallery. Not easy to get images into. I was thrilled to get one there. Second, it always reminds me of a great trip with friends I will always remember. Third, how could you not like a beach like that? It rejuvinates me just by looking at it. It was shot in Cozumel as was the chair below.
Pentax K10d w/16-50 DA*, ISO 100, f7.1, 1/320 sec
A favorite because this is one where I was asked the question 'why?'. Most couldn't see the reason for taking a picture of a chair, but I love the bold colors and the way they contrasted with the dark background. I almost left my polarizer here when I left also, so anyone who uses them knows that is not a cheap one to leave behind. I ran back like three blocks when I remembered it, and got there right when somone was picking it up to figure out what it was.

Pentax K10d w/ 18-55, ISO 100, f4, 1/30 sec, -.7 stop underexposed

This is a favorite because it was shot with just a simple compact camera and a little patience. I knew the light was poor, but I simply just set the camera down on the railing, turned off the flash and set the timer. I knew it would end up with a long exposure and I was very happy with the end result.


Pentax Optio 550


This is one of my favorites simply because it was the very first image I shot on my Pentax K10 when I first got it. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get home to try it out. So I shot this while waiting at a light on the way. It was so fun to see the results and how even with basic composition and an idea turned into a fun and interesting shot.



Pentax K10d w/ 18-55 lens, ISO 100, f27, 8 sec exposure







1 comment:

  1. Your photographs are brilliant. I especially like the red chair. Congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete